- Closing Meeting of IGCP 653. Postponed until late May 2021. “GOBEnhagen: A Baltic perspective on the role of the GOBE:High resolution stratigraphy through early Palaeozoic ecosystems change.” National History Museum of Denmark, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark. Indoor sessions with and pre congress field excursions to the Lower Palaeozoic of Öland and Bornholm (Baltic Sea). Website First Circular Second Circular
- Regional meeting in North China, including a ceremony at the new ASSP for the basis of the Ordovician System at Dayangcha. Postponed due to COVID-19 until 2021, date TBA.
- Absolutely Final Meeting of IGCP 653. September 10-20, 2021. Lille, France. “The Ordovician of the World.” University of Lille, France. Indoor sessions with and pre congress field excursion to the Ordovician of Belgium and post-conference excursion to the Ordovician of Wales and the Welsh Borderland. First Circular
- Annual Meeting of IGCP 653. September 7-10, 2020.“Zooming in on the GOBE.” Virtual Conference with sessions on all aspects of the GOBE. Live sessions delivered via Zoom will be scheduled at varying times to accommodate our global membership and recorded for viewing later. Programming will include both scientific sessions and networking events. Website.
- Geological Society of America Annual Meeting. September 22-25. Phoenix, Arizona, USA. Theme session “T116. The Ordovician Earth: Integrated Perspectives on the Fossil and Rock Records” organized by Matthias Sinneseal and colleagues. Meeting summary
- North American Paleontological Convention (NAPC). June 23-27. Riverside, California, USA. Session 13: “The end of the Cambrian “boom and bust” and the onset of the Great Ordovician Biodiversification Event (GOBE): Diversity patterns, paleoecology, and biogeography” organized by Alycia Stigall, Rebecca Freeman, Sara Pruss, and Shelley Wernette, in collaboration with IGCP 668 Meeting Summary
- Main Annual Meeting of IGCP 653. July 18-23. Novosibirsk, Russia, Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences. Meeting jointly held with the 13th International Symposium on the Ordovician System (ISOS). Indoor sessions and field excursions to the Lower Palaeozoic sections of the St. Petersburg region, the Altai Mountains, and northern (Arctic) Siberia. website
- Palaeontological Association Annual Meeting. December. Valencia, Spain. Informal meeting. Meeting Summary
- IGCP 653 Regional Workshop and Field Excursion, February 12-16, Marrakech University, Morocco. Two day workshop followed by three day geological excursion to classic sections of the Lower Ordovician Fezouata Fossil-Lagerstätte. 2nd Circular
- Main Annual Meeting of IGCP 653. June 3-7. Ohio University, Athens, OH, USA. Indoor sessions and field excursions the Great Basin (Nevada, Utah)-May 30-June 2- and to the Lower Palaeozoic sections of the Mid-Continent section (Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky)-June 8-9. Ohio University article Website
- 5th International Palaeontological Congress. July 9-13. Paris, France. Theme session S37 “The onset of the Great Ordovician Biodiversification (GOBE): fossils, radiations and Lagerstätten – IGCP 653 session” organized by T. Servais, D. Harper, B. Lefebvre, and A. Hunter. Blog Post Website
- GEOBONN. September 2-6. Bonn, Germany. Theme session 10a “The early ‘Explosion of Life’ – from the Cambrian innovations to the great Ordovician radiations” organized by Drs. Oliver Lehnert and Thomas Servais. Summary blog post
- IGCP 653 Workshop, May 15-16, Nanjing, China. Programme.
- 4th International Conodont Symposium, June 25-30. University of Valencia, Spain. Theme session “The rise of conodonts prior to and during the Great Ordovician Biodiversification Event” organized by Drs. Ian Percival and Yong Yi Zhen. 2nd Circular
- 6th International Conference on Trilobites and their Relatives, July 7-10. Tallinn, Estonia. GOBE theme session. website
- Ordovician Geodynamics: The Sardic Phase in the Pyrenees, Mouthoumet and Montagne Noire massifs. September 4-9. Figures, Catalonia. Indoor sessions and field trips to the eastern Pyrenees, Mouthoumet massif, and Montagne Noire. Second circular
- 10th Baltic Stratigraphic Conference. September 12-14. Holy Cross Mountains, Poland. Indoor sessions and field excursions within the Holy Cross Mountains. First circular Second circular
- Dayangcha International Workshop on the Cambrian-Ordovician Boundary (DIWCOB). September 20-25. Changchun, NE China. Indoor sessions and field workshop. First circular
- Main Annual Meeting of IGCP 653. October 8-18. Yichang, China. Indoor sessions (Oct. 8-12) and field excursions (Oct. 13-18) to the Lower Palaeozoic sections of the South China Platform (Yangtze Platform). website First circular (post), Second Circular (post) Third Circular and program
- Geological Society of America Annual Meeting. October 22-25. Seattle, Washington, USA. Theme session “The onset of the Great Ordovician Biodiversity Event (GOBE): Testing hypotheses with diverse data sets” organized by Drs. Alycia Stigall and Rebecca Freeman. GSA website, blog post with program
- Closing Meeting IGCP 591. July 6-9. Ghent, Belgium. website
- Opening meeting IGCP 653. September 25-October 1. Durham University, Durham, United Kingdom. Indoor sessions and field excursions to the Lower Palaeozoic sections of the United Kingdom.
- Annual Meeting of the TMS (The Micropalaeontological Society). November 17-18. Lille, France. website
- Annual Meeting of the Paleontological Association. December. December 14-16. Lyon, France. website