- IGCP 653 Regional Workshop and Field Excursion, February 12-16, Marrakech University, Morocco. Two day workshop followed by three day geological excursion to classic sections of the Lower Ordovician Fezouata Fossil-Lagerstätte. Circular, blog post
- Main Annual Meeting of IGCP 653. June 3-7. Ohio University, Athens, OH, USA. Indoor sessions and field excursions the Great Basin (Nevada, Utah)-May 30-June 2- and to the Lower Palaeozoic sections of the Mid-Continent section (Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky)-June 8-9. First Circular, Website
- 5th International Palaeontological Congress. July 9-13. Paris, France. A dedicated IGCP 653 session is scheduled. Website First circular Second Circular
- North American Paleontological Convention (NAPC). June 23-27. Riverside, California, USA. website
- Main Annual Meeting of IGCP 653. July 12-19. Novosibirsk, Russia, Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences. Meeting jointly held with the 13th International Symposium on the Ordovician System (ISOS). Indoor sessions and field excursions to the Lower Palaeozoic sections of the St. Petersburg region, the Altai Mountains, and northern (Arctic) Siberia.
- Closing Meeting of IGCP 653. Summer. National History Museum of Denmark, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark. Indoor sessions and field excursions to the Lower Palaeozoic of Bornholm (Baltic Sea) and Southern Sweden (Scania, Öland, etc.).
- IGCP 653 Workshop, May 15-16, Nanjing, China. Programme.
- 4th International Conodont Symposium, June 25-30. University of Valencia, Spain. Theme session “The rise of conodonts prior to and during the Great Ordovician Biodiversification Event” organized by Drs. Ian Percival and Yong Yi Zhen. 2nd Circular
- 6th International Conference on Trilobites and their Relatives, July 7-10. Tallinn, Estonia. GOBE theme session. website
- Ordovician Geodynamics: The Sardic Phase in the Pyrenees, Mouthoumet and Montagne Noire massifs. September 4-9. Figures, Catalonia. Indoor sessions and field trips to the eastern Pyrenees, Mouthoumet massif, and Montagne Noire. Second circular
- 10th Baltic Stratigraphic Conference. September 12-14. Holy Cross Mountains, Poland. Indoor sessions and field excursions within the Holy Cross Mountains. First circular Second circular
- Dayangcha International Workshop on the Cambrian-Ordovician Boundary (DIWCOB). September 20-25. Changchun, NE China. Indoor sessions and field workshop. First circular
- Main Annual Meeting of IGCP 653. October 8-18. Yichang, China. Indoor sessions (Oct. 8-12) and field excursions (Oct. 13-18) to the Lower Palaeozoic sections of the South China Platform (Yangtze Platform). website First circular (post), Second Circular (post) Third Circular and program
- Geological Society of America Annual Meeting. October 22-25. Seattle, Washington, USA. Theme session “The onset of the Great Ordovician Biodiversity Event (GOBE): Testing hypotheses with diverse data sets” organized by Drs. Alycia Stigall and Rebecca Freeman. GSA website, blog post with program
- Closing Meeting IGCP 591. July 6-9. Ghent, Belgium. website
- Opening meeting IGCP 653. September 25-October 1. Durham University, Durham, United Kingdom. Indoor sessions and field excursions to the Lower Palaeozoic sections of the United Kingdom.
- Annual Meeting of the TMS (The Micropalaeontological Society). November 17-18. Lille, France. website
- Annual Meeting of the Paleontological Association. December. December 14-16. Lyon, France. website