The second annual meeting of the International Geoscience Programme Project 653 “Filling the gap between Cambrian Explosion and the GOBE” will be held in Yichang, China from October 8 through 18, 2017.
- Oct. 8 (Sunday), 2017: Arrival, registration (ice breaker).
- Oct. 9 (Monday), 2017: Oral and poster presentations.
- Oct. 10 (Tuesday), 2017: Oral and poster presentations, workshop.
- Oct. 11 (Wednesday), 2017: Mid-conference field trip.
- Oct. 12 (Thursday), 2017: Oral and poster presentations, conference banquet.
- Oct. 13—Oct. 18, 2017: Post-conference field excursion in Hubei and Hunan Provinces.
- Oct.19 (Thursday), 2017: Departures.
Indoor sessions will be held in the Taohualing Hotel, Yichang City, Hubei Province, China.
The mid-conference field trip will visit the Furongian to Middle Ordovician successions, the GSSPs of Dapingian and Hirnantian stages near the Yichang city, and a few historical and scenery sites of Yangtze Gorges.
The post-conference excursion will investigate a number of classic sections of the Guzhangian (Series 3, Cambrian) to Upper Ordovician around the Yangtze Gorges area.
- December 19, 2016: Distribution of First Circular
- March 1, 2017: Website of the conference available for information and registration
- April 1, 2017: Distribution of Second Circular
- September 15, 2017: Distribution of Last Circular
Any questions or suggestions related to the meeting and field trips should be directed to:
Dr. FAN Junxuan (Nanjing Institute of Geology and Palaeontology): firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. ZHANG Yuandong (Nanjing Institute of Geology and Palaeontology): email@example.comDetailed costs and registration information will be posted in the second circular distributed on April 1, 2017.
Please register your interests by filling and tickling (√) the form below and send to IGCP653.China2017@nigpas.ac.cn
|IGCP653 Annual Meeting 2017 (Oct. 8 to 12, 2017, Yichang, China)|
|I will participate in the conference and the post-conference field excursion||surely|
|I will participate in the conference (scientific sessions and mid-conference field trip)||surely|